Music Therapy Teaching Philosophy
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the arts. MacPhail’s board-certified music therapists use music in a prescribed, focused and concentrated manner to promote positive change and overall well-being for your child.
Functional, non-musical goal areas that are addressed in music therapy include, but are not limited to:
- Cognition, reasoning and attention
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Pain and behavior management
- Sensory processing, planning and acuity
- Socialization, emotional, coping and leisure skills
- Speech and language skills
We serve individuals with, but not limited to:
- Developmental, physical and cognitive disabilities /delays
- Mental Health diagnoses / disorders
- Neurologic impairments
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders – including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Traumatic and Acquired Brain Injuries
What You Get
- Best evidence-based practice and standardized therapeutic interventions
- Private ongoing assessments resulting in individualized program and /or treatment planning and documentation of progress
- Co-treatments and consultations available with other therapeutic, educational and medical care providers
- Resources, referrals and overall program guidance to all other programs offered at MacPhail Center for Music
- Music Plus! Discount on classes if someone in your family is enrolled in Individual or Suzuki Instruction or Music Therapy.
The MacPhail Music Therapy Program is supported in part by a development grant from the CIGNA Foundation on behalf of its Minneapolis-based subsidiary CIGNA Behavioral Health and contributions from the Marie and Edwin C. Hirschoff Fund for special music education and therapy.
Through the generous support of special grants, MacPhail is able to offer financial aid to our clients. For an application, please contact Marian Santucci at 612.767.5596.
Music Therapy Offerings
Tuition for music therapy classes is subsidized by generous grants from CIGNA Behavioral Health and the Marie and Edwin C. Hirschoff Fund for special music education and therapy.
Sessions and Lessons
Private Music Therapy sessions are available for persons of all ages and any special need.
Board-certified music therapists use music to accomplish therapeutic goals and promote positive change and overall well being. Financial assistance may be available.
Length of Session Tuition
60-minute session $76.25
45-minute session $57.25
30-minute session $38.25
A wonderful way for students of any age and any need to have a successful music experience and learn how to play an instrument of their choice.
Create Your Own Group Session
At MacPhail, we want to create the best possible environment for success. Sometimes that can be achieved by working toward your goals by interacting in a group setting. With our group music therapy sessions, you can create and organize your own group with other individuals with common goals.
Example of fees for a 60-minute group session:
2 students: $44 person/per hour
3 - 4 students: $28 person/per hour
For information about how to register for Music Therapy classes, sessions and adaptive lessons, call Marian Santucci at 612.767.5596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org