MacPhail’s Certificate Program for Performance Achievement is an individualized guide, deepening students’ music education and motivating students toward a greater level of achievement.
The Certificate Program is a two-year, part-time program for students ages 14 through adult. Students audition to be accepted into the program which is open to students of any instrument or voice. Students meet three times per year for a recital or theory class/social get-togethers and receive counseling in establishing goals and choosing classes and ensembles.
Students are required to already have performance experience and an established foundation in technique, theory, and musicianship. Upon completing the two-year program, students are awarded a certificate and portfolio documenting their accomplishments.
Benefits of the program
• Flexible program, tailored to the needs of the individual
• Guidance in setting and reaching the highest musical goals
• For high-school age students, the certificate and portfolio are a credential for college admission through demonstrating sustained, high-quality achievement
• Credential aiding application for scholarships and grants
• For adult students, the certificate and portfolio document student accomplishment and give recognition for dedicated music study