Course - Minneapolis - Summer 2023
NMT Fellowship Training
The Academy of Neurologic Music Therapy
International Training Institutes in NMT at MacPhail Center for Music
August 23, 2023
The NMT Fellowship is for MT-BC’s (or the equivalent) who have already completed the Neurologic Music Therapy Training Institute. The NMT Fellowship Training is an intensive course that begins with a review and update of current research and clinical practice. Participants are then required to present video examples demonstrating their current clinical work using three different NMT techniques.
Participants are evaluated and will pass with a 70% majority vote.
For more information, visit: https://nmtacademy.co/training-opportunities/nmt-fellowship-training/
MacPhail Center for Music
501 South Second Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Participants will demonstrate a basic definition and advanced knowledge about the implementation of neurologic music therapy (NMT), including the taxonomy of techniques used in NMT through verbal and video demonstration.
- Participants will demonstrate an increased knowledge of current research supporting NMT techniques as evidenced by clinical choices based on current best practice.
- Participants will demonstrate thru live video, a working knowledge of the Transformational Design Model; a model to assist in treatment selection based on functional goals.
- Participants will actively demonstrate current clinical assessments for treatment evaluation.
- Participants will answer basic neuroanatomy and pathology questions related to a variety of neurologic disorders.
Cost: Neurologic Music Therapy – Fellowship / Advanced Training $375
The International Training Program of the Academy is endorsed by the World Federation of Neurologic Rehabilitation (WFNR), by the European Federation of Neurorehabilitation Societies (EFNS), and the International Society for Clinical Neuromusicology (CNM). The International Neurologic Music Therapy Institute Fellowship is approved by the U.S. Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) as advanced provider for 18 Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) credits. [The Robert F. Unkefer Academy for Neurologic Music Therapy, #P-105, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.] This opportunity will provide a current NMT Affiliate with 15 NMT Professional Development credits towards their renewal.
August 23 at MacPhail Center for Music – Minneapolis, MN // Cost: $375
|Age Range:||18 years - 55+ years|