Course - Minneapolis - Summer 2023
NMT Training Institute for MT-BCs & Allied Professionals
The Academy of Neurologic Music Therapy
International Training Institutes in NMT at MacPhail Center for Music
August 24-27, 2023
This training is open to allied professionals who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) and music therapists interested in utilizing NMT methodology and techniques.
MacPhail Center for Music
501 South Second Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Be able to demonstrate a basic definition and introductory knowledge about neurologic music therapy (NMT), including the taxonomy of techniques used in NMT;
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge of current research supporting NMT techniques;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Transformational Design Model; a model to assist in treatment selection based on functional goals;
- Identify current clinical assessments that can be used by NMT’s for treatment evaluation
- Be able to answer basic neuroanatomy and pathology questions related to a variety of neurologic disorders.
Neurologic Music Therapy Training for professionals $675
This International Training Program of the Academy is endorsed by the World Federation of Neurologic Rehabilitation (WFNR), by the European Federation of Neurorehabilitation Societies (EFNS), and the International Society for Clinical Neuromusicology (CNM). Training is also approved by the U.S.Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) as advanced provider for Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) credits [The Robert F. Unkefer Academy for Neurologic Music Therapy, #P-105, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria]. The 30-hour Institute will provide the board-certified music therapist with 36 CMTE credits that can be applied towards recertification. Your certificate of completion can be submitted as proof of your attendance and participation. Completion of this course does not ensure that the participant is currently a Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC). Verify music therapy board certification status at www.cbmt.org. This opportunity will provide a current NMT Affiliate with 30 Professional Development credits towards their renewal.
August 24-27 at MacPhail Center for Music – Minneapolis, MN // Cost: $675
|Age Range:||18 years - 55+ years|