Are you a highly motivated singer? The Prelude Program is a year-long program (September-May) for singers who seek an environment where they can experiment and discover new possibilities as a performing artist. The program includes private coaching, theory, sight-singing, vocal ensemble and performance lab training in movement and gestures. More information about Prelude can be found at http://www.macphail.org/for-youth/groups-and-ensembles/prelude/
PRELUDE PROGRAM COMPONENTS
- Warm-ups, vowel formation, application of the breath, endurance, range building, resonance, language
- Healthy production free of muscular tensions
- Building of Solo Repertoire
- Private coaching with collaborative pianist
- Theory, sight-singing
- Portfolio Building
- Master Classes
- Outside Events
- Goal Setting
- Whole musician awareness training
- Vocal Ensemble
- Ensemble Repertoire chosen from Renaissance to Musical Theater to Opera to Jazz
- Emphasis on a cappella repertoire, enforcing ear training
- Sight-singing, theory, rhythmic and interpretive skills continue, to complement work done in Vocal Arts Performance Lab
- Acting and Movement for Singers
- Addresses unique challenges of singer actors: extension of time, music without words, complexity of multi-tasking
- Step-by-step approach works with gesture, face, focus, body, addresses tension, through structured play/self discovery
- Techniques apply to solo repertoire introduced in Vocal Arts with the addition of scenes taken from Opera and Musical Theater
Application and audition required. The first set of auditions for 2019-2020 school year will be held in June and the second set will take place in August. Application does not guarantee admission to the program. For information and/or an application please email Manon Gimlett, Prelude Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MacPhail group music classes, ensembles and summer camps, help students of any age and any skill level meet their musical goals in a comfortable and fun group setting! In our classes, you can develop your playing or singing skills or learn about music composition, theory, or music appreciation in a relaxed, collaborative environment with like-minded peers. By joining an ensemble, you can take your group’s talents to the stage! Learn more about Groups and Ensembles for Youth or for Adults.
MacPhail offers group music lessons for all ages and abilities! Create your own group lesson by gathering your friends or family members and we’ll place you with one of our outstanding faculty who is equipped to teach beginning through advanced music lessons. Groups can consist of students the same age or inter-generational groups (parent/child).