Select your preferred section:
Online Suzuki Institute for Guitar and Piano: July 27-31, 2020
In order to accommodate the uncertain public health environment, we are changing the format of our Suzuki Institute and converting it to an online institute with 2-3 classes per day.
Classes will be spaced so that there are breaks from screen time to practice, play, get outside and expand on creative ideas from their learning time.
Suzuki Guitar Students - Book 4 & Up (Junior High-High School)
- Three classes will be scheduled between 1:00-5:00pm Monday-Thursday, with Friday recitals.
- Students will have a masterclass, a mixed instrument improv class and an ensemble class (using technology to learn ensemble skills).
This should be a fun and engaging week for Suzuki Guitar and Piano students, mixing in-depth work on their instrument with classes that encourage them to tap their creativity and expand as musicians. Faculty will include:
- Piano: Fay Adams, Sara Kotrba, Annette Lee
- Gitar, David Madsen, Jean Seils, Brent Weaver
- Improvisation: LA Buckner
- Composition: Wynn-Anne Rossi
During the week there will be 2 lunchtime parent classes and mini faculty and student recitals.
On Friday, all students will participate in small ZOOM recitals to share their work from the week.