Please read carefully. Applicants who do not meet all of the following criteria and expectations will not be considered and should not apply.
You must (applies to all members of band/ensemble):
- Be 18 years of age or older and a resident of Minnesota, as determined by proof of residency including voting and/or payment of taxes in the state.
- Have been a legal and continuous resident of Minnesota for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- If selected as a recipient, maintain residency in Minnesota during the fellowship year or forfeit your award moneys.
- Demonstrate a sustained level of accomplishment, commitment, and excellence in your work.
- Have performed together for three or more years with the same members and name as stated on the application.
- Be made up of no more than five members.
- Be an active ensemble/band, having at least four significant performances in each of the last three years.
You may not (applies to all members of band/ensemble):
- You may not have received a McKnight Artist Fellowship in any discipline less than five years ago. Recipients of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 McKnight Fellowships in any discipline are not eligible.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program either part-time or full-time, at an institution of higher learning, all but dissertation included.
- Apply to more than one of the ten McKnight Artist Fellowships programs per year. Doing so will disqualify applicants from consideration in any program that fellowship year.
- Apply as both a solo artist and an ensemble/band member in the same year.
- Work as fellowship staff at any McKnight Artist Fellowship program.
- Work as fellowship staff or be an immediate family member of fellowship staff at MacPhail Center for Music.
- Work at or be a board member of The McKnight Foundation. In addition, you may not be an immediate family member of foundation arts program staff.