Live Online Music Partnerships Customized for Your School and Students
Technological advances make it possible to use online applications that bridge the distance gap between MacPhail’s teaching artists and schools throughout the state.
• MacPhail works closely with school administrators and music educators to support and supplement, rather than replace, the music education that exists in the school’s district.
• MacPhail supports teachers who do not have time to pull-out lessons during the school day by providing individual or group online instruction.
• Exceptional teaching artists provide specialized instruction in flute, clarinet, low brass, double-reed, percussion, voice, and jazz style–just to name a few– that may not be available in all parts of the state.
• MacPhail teaching artists share resources with partnering music educators to boost professional development and reduce feelings of isolation.
• Live online instruction offers all the benefits of in person instruction: students learn in real-time, get to know their instructor, ask questions, and have a high-quality, immersive learning experience.
This program is partially funded with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using state funds.