MacPhail Live Online
Exceptional music learning. Extraordinary faculty. Extremely easy.
Music Instruction from the comfort and safety of your home.
MacPhail Center for Music has over ten years’ experience teaching live online music, delivering thousands of online lessons each year.
Access MacPhail’s award-winning online music lessons from anywhere. Interactive and inspiring music instruction is custom designed by your instructor just for you.
To get started, fill out our Student Placement Form. Questions? Call 612.321.0100 or email Student Services.
Online Music Lessons Have Countless Benefits
- Build creativity
- Boost brain development
- Nurture essential life skills, including communication and critical thinking
- Grow a well-rounded musician
- Reduce stress
- Build memory and concentration
- Experience the fun of making music!
Our faculty is skilled in creating engaging experiences that complement the online setting. New students are often surprised by how easy and effective online music lessons are!
MacPhail teaching artists offer helpful tips and suggestions to ensure you have a great online learning experience. Most modern computers come ready to go with everything you need to start your online music lessons.
What You’ll Need for Online Music Lessons
- A modern computer
- A web-camera and microphone – built-in or attachable.
- A reliable Internet connection: You can check your connection by clicking here and selecting “Begin Test.” If download speeds are above 2.0 Mbps, and upload speeds are above 1.0 Mbps, you are good to go!
MacPhail’s Skype Quick Start Guide
No technical expertise necessary – our supportive staff can walk you through your equipment set-up and test your technology with you! Please contact Student Services for more info.