Young Chang Piano Giveaway
Students 18 and under are Eligible to Win a Grand Piano at MacPhail
MacPhail Center for Music is excited to announce a unique opportunity for a qualified MacPhail student to receive the gift of a grand piano with which to continue their studies. We are looking for a motivated, young music student who would like to have this piano in their home and for whom financial considerations would make purchasing a grand piano difficult.
The Young Chang piano is being provided by the generosity of Laysha Ward and Bill Kiffmeyer.
Free Local delivery is included!
About the Young Chang Grand Piano
Young Chang grand pianos feature all top-quality materials and artisanship including solid spruce soundboards and Del Fandrich designs with direct coupled brass bridge for fuller bass response. The design features an evenness of tone throughout the entire range including the transition from bass to tenor sections. These grands all have maple action parts and double coated cold pressed hammer felt for superior tonal quality.
Make – Model – PD 590
Size/Dimensions: 69” long to the front of the keys and 58 5/8 wide
Color – White
Player piano with discs included
Current, registered MacPhail students age 18 and under
Demonstrated need/use/desire: To be expressed through a required written or video essay along with a completed teacher recommendation form
Demonstrated financial need: documents requested, most recent Federal Income Tax forms
Application form must include name, age, address, email, phone, school, grade
Deadline for submission – 6:00 PM CST, March 4, 2022
If you are interested, please complete the application, and submit your application materials by email by March 4, 2022 no later than 6:00pm CST.
Official Giveaway Rules
Must be a current MacPhail student under the age of 18, demonstrating a financial need.
Giveaway may only be entered in or from the state of Minnesota and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible. This contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter, fill out an application and follow the directions to enter before 6:00pm CST on March 4, 2022. You must include on the online entry form your name, age, name of school, grade, full address, phone number, email address, requested financial documentation, and written or recorded video essay, along with a teacher recommendation form. All online entrants must have a valid email address. To enter the Contest drawing, your entry must be received by 6:00pm CST March 4, 2022.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Only fully completed entry forms with all application materials submitted to the MacPhail email address are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries must be received by 6:00pm CST March 4, 2022. Applications may also be downloaded, filled out (including financial documentation), and dropped off at the student services desk at any MacPhail location.
2. Eligibility. Entrants must be 18 years old or younger to apply. A parent/guardian may apply for their child. Children of employees, teachers, officers, directors, volunteers of Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to enter. Entrants must have a valid email address and the ability to send/receive emails. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Winner Criteria. One (1) winner will be selected by a panel of judges from all eligible entries received by 6:00pm CST March 4, 2022. Decision by judges will be based on the Contest application that best meets the criteria and expresses the best case for desire of piano.
Winner will be notified by email (on or around March 18) and an announcement made after acceptance by social media on or about March 28, 2022. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these criteria, rules, and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. (Please read Notification guidelines)
4. Prize. One Young Chang White Grand Piano. Approximate retail value (used) of one (1) Young Chang Grand Prize is unknown. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions.
5. Notification. Winner(s) will be notified by email and will be informed how to further claim prize. If any winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Conditions. There will be no collection of federal, state, and local taxes or any taxes due by the winner(s). Delivery charges will be paid by Sponsor. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or delivery of piano, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. An entrant must be a registered student of MacPhail Center for Music.
7. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
9. Announcement of Winner/Winner’s Name. The winner will be announced on social media on or around March 28, 2022
10. Sponsor. MacPhail Center for Music, 501 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401.
11. Donor. The Young Chang piano is being provided by the generosity of Laysha Ward and Bill Kiffmeyer