The MacPhail Spotlight Series showcases the exceptional talents of MacPhail teaching artists and special guests, providing an intimate listening experience. Under the artistic direction of Mischa Santora, this premier performance event is brought to life with collaborations from some of the Twin Cities’ finest artists.
MACPHAIL SPOTLIGHT SERIES virtual concert
Music for Change: Protest music through centuries and across continents
Soojung Hong, piano
Marches op. 76, #2 and #4 (Robert Schumann)
PaviElle French, vocals
Chris Rochester, sax
Omar Abdulkarim, trumpet
Jacob Dodd, piano
Greg Byers, bass
Arthur LA Buckner, drums
- Someday We’ll All Be Free (Donny Hathaway)
- To Be Young, Gifted and Black (Weldon Irvine, Nina Simone)
- Everything is Everything (Lauryn Hill)
Terrell Woods (aka Carnage), beatbox
Jacqueline Ultan, cello
Mike Michel, guitar
- Saltee Medley: Ball of Confusion (Temptations; Norman Whitfield & Barrett Strong) Rebel Without A Pause /Fight the Power (Public Enemy)
- Saltee Medley: Hustle the Struggle (written by Carnage)/Killing in the Name (Rage Against the Machine)
- One Tribe (The Black-Eyed Peas)
- Election Day (Saltee)
All Spotlight performers, plus
David Leung, violin
Ashley Ng, violin
Chi-Chi Bestmann, viola
A Change Is Gonna Come – Sam Cooke, arranged by Chris Rochester
More 2020-2021 Dates Coming Soon!
TICKETING INFORMATION for Spotlight Series:
There is no cost for the October Spotlight Series Virtual Concert.
No tickets required.