Here are a few of the reasons MacPhail is regarded as a leader in music education!
- Exceptional Teachers: We believe that the ability to play well is an essential part of sharing knowledge with a student. We are proud to say that the majority of our faculty hold their master’s degree or higher in music and all teachers are rewarded for ongoing professional development; making our 210 teaching artists up-to-date on the latest innovations in music learning. No matter your playing level or personal goals, our faculty has the skill-sets to ensure a positive and fun experience for you.
- Community of Musicians MacPhail offers a sense of community and belonging for people who love music, whether you’re new to music or pursuing a career in the field. Through shared recitals, ensembles, master classes, events or just meeting people in the halls, it’s energizing to be exposed to 16,000 other people who share a passion for music.
- National Leader in Music Programming MacPhail is one of the largest community music schools in the country and is a national leader in many of its program areas. Our Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® program is built on 50 years of experience and is a national forerunner in the field. Our teachers are all early childhood and music specialists and undergo the most extensive training of any early childhood and music programs in the nation. MacPhail’s Suzuki Talent Program is the oldest in the region and one of the oldest in the nation, giving us the longest history of delivering the unique Suzuki method. The Community Partnership program is one of the largest and most highly-regarded programs of its kind throughout the United States. And our Music Therapy program is one of the largest programs of its kind statewide.
- Community Partnerships MacPhail has been an active programming leader in the community for over 25 years. Starting with one small elementary school in North Minneapolis, we now have 104 different partnerships that teach across all age ranges. From pre-schools to assisted living facilities, MacPhail supplies music learning to 9,700 students in partnerships.
- 501(c)(3) Non Profit Status We are proud of our 501(c)(3) non-profit status. We believe that music is an important part of our community and serve as a resource for music learning for all. In addition to our community programming, we offer over 450 events and workshops that reach an audience of over 68,000 annually.