Live, Online Music Education Designed Specially for K-12 Students Offered at No Cost for Families
Originally developed in response to the switch from in-person to online eLearning, MacPhail Center for Music School Partnerships is pleased to continue providing custom designed online music instruction for students studying at home.
The program also provides resources for music educators and parents to assist with online and distance music education.
MacPhail K-12@Home is offered at NO CHARGE to students currently enrolled in Minnesota schools thanks to generous funding from the Otto Bremer Trust and other individual donors.
Due to COVID-19 challenges, MacPhail is working closely with school administrators, music educators and parents to assist in programming for Spring 2021. Please check back in the upcoming month for updates on new sessions.
About MacPhail K-12@Home
- MacPhail faculty use specially designed curriculum and teaching materials to lead students through fun, engaging explorations of music.
- Classes reflect a wide range of styles, genres and cultures that build on a student’s own creativity and artistry.
- MacPhail’s school partnership faculty share a decade’s worth of experience teaching music live online. A wide range of resources assists music educators or parents new to live online music education and distance learning.
- Resources are provided for educators working with students who do not have or have limited access to the internet.
Who is Eligible
Children and Youth grades K through 12 currently enrolled in Minnesota schools. (Some classes may require prior music learning & expertise.)
Music educators or parents homeschooling during shelter in place.
What You Need to Participate
Students will need a computer (desktop, Chromebook, laptop, iPad, smart phone) and a reliable internet connection.
*Please see eLearning resource list for resources and ideas for students without internet access.
How to Sign Up
Thanks for a great fall semester! Please check back soon for spring schedule.
Mindfulness and Music Created in response to heightened stress and anxiety due to the dramatic changes brought about by COVID-19. These sessions provide calming, self-regulatory activities. Facilitated by board-certified music therapist. Students engaged in creative music-based mindfulness, movement, and breathing exercises, and learn self-regulation tools to use throughout their day.
Live Online Studio Lab Specialized how-to topics, including proper warmups, tone production, playing by ear, increasing your range, practicing in different living situations, composition, beat boxing and much more. Take your playing to the next level. Intensive sessions with focus on musical and technical skills.
- Woodwinds, Brass and Percussion
- Vocal and Choir
- Beat Boxing
Elementary Music Creative, engaging, sequential based curriculum, that meets Minnesota state and national standards.
Professional Development Sessions for Music Educators