MacPhail Center for Music’s Preeminent High School Music Ensembles for Talented & Highly Motivated Students
- Woodwind Quintet w/ Nina Olsen
- Saxophone Quartet w/ Greg Keel
- Brass Trio w/ Karl Wiederwohl
- Rimshots! (Percussion ensemble) w/ Paul Babcock
MacPhail Center for Music’s Varsity Ensembles are a FULL-SCHOLARSHIP program for accepted students.
The Varsity Ensembles feature top student talent from around the area. MacPhail esteemed faculty provide superior technical, musical, and performance instruction as well as coaching and mentorship.
Membership in these ensembles is based on the ability of a student who performs music of above-average difficulty and their demonstration of a high level of commitment and responsibility. An application and audition is required for Varsity Ensembles selection.
- Provide challenging opportunities to grow as a musician in a supportive environment
- Unique performance opportunities and tours
- Access to audio & video recordings
- Work with featured guest artists
- Build portfolios, resumes, and/or dossiers
- Train and prepare for college/conservatory auditions
- Learn to be a team player and build leadership & communication skills
All students interested in MacPhail Varsity Ensembles are required to apply and attend a placement audition. Students will audition for all opportunities and are placed in ensembles that best match their skills and availability.