Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® Online Early Childhood Music Classes
Encourages Creativity. Explores Musical Concepts. Promotes Bonding.
The same high quality early childhood music education built and strengthened over 50 years’ experience — offered online!
Weekly Live Classes via Zoom with eLearning enhancements, sent from beloved Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® teachers.
Our doors may be closed for now, but at MacPhail, we are busy singing, playing and learning–at home.
All you need is access to the internet, email, family participation and eagerness to have fun! You will receive a Zoom invitation from your teacher for access to live online classes.
Here’s what you can expect:
Live Online Classes taught by trained Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® teaching artists
In addition to your weekly live class, you will receive the following with your registration:
- Gift with your paid registration of a Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® Jam Kit (limit one pack per student, while supplies last) includes a logo tote bag and rhythm instruments
- Weekly emails from your teacher with interactive videos, tips and at-home activity suggestions
- Access to MacPhail recordings and playlists (via Spotify)
- On demand access to family-friendly performances
Online Classes Ages 6 Weeks to 8 Years:
- Music for Babies (Ages 6 weeks – 10 months): This class shares lullabies, songs, finger plays, wiggling and bouncing games with you and your family. This class is a wonderful way to start a life together in the arts.
- Music for Families (Ages 6 weeks – 5 years): In this class, your child will gain exposure to melody, rhythm and a wide variety of musical instruments that ring, shake and tap. Classes include plenty of singing, movement activities, creative projects and hands-on inventive play. Experience the joy of creating a musical community from home this fall.
- Music for Toddlers (Ages 10 months – 3 years): Spin, dance, play, sing and discover some new and familiar songs with your toddler! Your child will increase their vocabulary and reinforce learning skills through singing, rhyme, movement activities and sensory exploration. You can incorporate these activities into daily life to ease transitions and increase social-emotional skills. Together you and your child will enjoy musical activities all fall!
- Music for Preschoolers (Ages 3 – 5 years): Go apple picking, jump in a leaf pile, carve a pumpkin–use your imagination through musical play activities. You and your child will explore musical concepts through creative dramatics, movement, musical games and instrument discovery. Keep the musical fun going at home this fall to further reinforce your child’s school readiness skills!
- Suzuki Stars (Ages 3 – 5 years): If your family is interested in MacPhail’s Suzuki Talent Education Program this class is for you. You and your child will build musical readiness skills specific to prepare for success in our Suzuki program. Activities will focus on vocal development, steady beat and exposure to Suzuki rhythms, repertoire and instruments.
- World Beats (Ages 5 – 8 years): Take a musical journey around the world! From the comfort of home, students and families will explore the ways children of different cultures make and play with music. You will “travel” to such destinations as Africa, South and Central America and many more locations. Students will experience world music through sound exploration, songs, stories and culturally indigenous dance.
- Ukulele and More (Ages 6 – 8 years): Learning to play ukulele is fun and easy! Students will learn basics of the ukulele, including chords, instrument care and instrument parts. Class activities are determined by student experience. We will meet your children where they are. Students will be able to read beginning chord charts and play along with some familiar and new songs. Family members are encouraged to join the weekly classes and shared home assignments. The class is appropriate for past Ukulele and More students and new ukulele players.*You will need a soprano ukulele and eagerness to have fun!
“The experience that we’ve had in early childhood music at MacPhail has been absolutely amazing… It’s important for me to expose my child to music at such an early age because I think there is a lot of benefit that can come from that.”
-Leah, Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® Parent
Not just screen time…it’s Sing Play Learn time!
We understand that you as parents and caregivers may have concerns about screen time for your child. We want to emphasize that these screen-based materials and classes are intended to facilitate activities that you do with your child. The video is a guide, your job is to sing, play, and learn with your child!
Online Sing Play Learn with MacPhail has the same essence of our in-person classes, allowing for the encouragement of creativity, cognitive thinking, cooperation and parent-child bonding with activities you can do together.
Ready to start music classes now? FIND CLASSES